Find me on these platforms

More painted poppies

Today I have a set of cards using some purple painted poppies. Yes, I am addicted to painting them!

 I sent these cards out in packages last week and have received some questions about them from the recipients. In my hast to get them mailed, I missed photographing one of the five individually...whoops!


              



First, I follow the painting technique shown in THIS video by Ioana to create the blooms. It does appear that allowing for dry time between each petal works best. ARRGGGHH!
For these, I used Acrylic paint as well as Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors.
After the blooms are dried I go back in and add stems and various green grass stokes, leaves and splatter....I'm still working on the composition of everything!  That's the fun of learning:))

I added the Sentiment at the base and tied some gold thread in various ways..I'm a bit schizophrenic in finishing things off.

Painting the blooms is very therapeutic and relaxing to me, I often make several card fronts at a time.
I encourage anyone interested, to have a look at Ioana's video and give it a try.
Please share your results, I'd LOVE to see what you create:)


Thanks for stopping by!


LauraJane:)

11 comments:

Julie B said...

Gorgeous. :)

Rubeena I. said...

I am happy to be one of the recipients!!! You're so talented. I'll definitely have to try :) Thank you for sharing!

Lin said...

These are the prettiest yet, Laura Jane! ADORE this colorway!

Joan B said...

Wow, these are fabulous. You are one talented woman!

HJ said...

These are beautiful. Thanks for the tips and pointing us to Ioana's video. I will check it out.

Suchi said...

Wonderfully painted poppies!! They all look so stunning...wish I could have one! ;)
Suchi xx

Toni said...

absolutely gorgeous! thanks for sharing the video--I certainly will check it out

Lisa Elton said...

Each and every one of these are beautiful and frame worthy!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh WOW! These are all so pretty!!!! Great job!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful! I followed your links and made my own little painting yesterday! I love your cards!

Marika said...

These are so beautiful! Love the dimension and the soft and loose look that you have achieved! You're amazing!